Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 04, 2005

Chinese 'pantang' 1 - Funeral

Since become pregnant, i 'obeyed' the most 'pantang' set by Chinese culture.

One of the many 'pantang' or shall i say superstitious belief includes pregnant lady cannot attend funeral. Although i don't know the exact reason until now, it is believed that the foetus is 'xiao qi' and cannot face this solemn event.

My best pal[since kindie]'s mom passed away peacefully a few days ago. Have known her Mom since i was small. When i received the news, i wished to dashed over to her house to pay my last respect and be there for my pal at that moment.

Consulted my Mom and a few elders, and being advised not to attend funeral. 'Obediently', i heed their advice, called my pal to extend condolence and chat a while. Felt really bad but my pal was very understanding. [guessed the 20++ years of friendship already explained it without much explanation from me]

No comments:

LilypieNext Birthday Ticker