Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Advanced Maternity Leave

After giving it a serious thought, i decided to apply maternity leave (60 days) by 2 weeks in advance. I think this way, i can rest more at home, and get myself prepared fully emotionally and psychologically.

Although earlier i worried, what if the baby is still not delivered after the 40 weeks? Would i have enough rest and time with my baby before resuming work? Then my 2 weeks advance leave will be wasted. Then think of it at another perspective, this is the time that i can really 'relax' and do what i love to do before my baby come and join my family and sort of 'control' my life..:)

Some of my colleagues and friends commented, 'What will i be doing with the 2 weeks leave idiling at home?' , 'Why not only take leave when i am about to deliver so that i can spend more time with the baby?' etc etc. Anyway, i hope i had made a wise choice as i had submitted the advance maternity leave to my Boss and he approved it. (so no point to rethink about my decision and '3 heart 2 thought' (san xin liang yi) about it anymore)

1 comment:

karynn said...

likely if d baby won't come out at 40 weeks also d doctor will induce it right? so no need to worry la. enjoy ur pre-mama rest! can blog more & update us on ur life!
:-)

LilypieNext Birthday Ticker