Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Expectation and Assumption

As a normal human being, everyone has a lot of expectation and assumption on many things in the various areas of our life. Same goes with me too. Now a Mommy-to-be soon, i do have a lot of expectation and make a lot of assumption about my to-be born baby.

Expect the baby to grow up healthily, expect the baby to be obedient, expect the baby to be courteous and have good manners, expect the baby to be smart and the list is endless...

'Default' assumption like what i plan and do for the baby is the 'best', my baby 'must' listen to me and etc..

However, one thing i learnt is open communication is very important especially in the family. Need to keep on reminding myself that 'Dont assume' the kid will understand our 'expectation and assumption' if it is not well communicated.

No comments:

LilypieNext Birthday Ticker