Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2005

100 Things I hate About Pregnancy by Kate Konopicky

I was browsing through the Pregnancy book section in Borders when this book '100 Things I Hate About Pregnancy' caught my attention. It was a small and handy book. Since i was passing the time for the screening of AEON FLUX, i grabbed the book and sat in a corner and started reading it.

Hmm... some of the author thoughts during pregnancy were the same as mine although until now i cant make up to 100 things i hate during pregnancy. Perhaps i am able to take things more easily and just 'bear' with the 'ups and downs' of pregnancy.

Here are some of our common feelings and thoughts:
1. Lack of energy esp during first trimester made me feel like sleeping a lot and lack of accomplishment.
2.Changes in the body, started to have a cleavage? and a growing tummy. Does this make me into a 'full-grown' woman just because i am 'growing bigger'?
3.Everyone asked 'Do you prefer a boy or a girl?'. Although this does not irritates me as it did to the author, some Chinese still think that having a baby boy is better than a girl. I dont think so.
4.I am carrying a full bladder all the times. Although it was less than 5 min since i went to the ladies to 'answer the natural call', i begin to feel that the bladder is full again. Arrgh...
5.I feel pain in my tummy sometimes after a 'long' walk. This is due to the baby is positioning itself comfortably on one of the large blood vessel. And guess the definition of 'long'? It is just 10 minutes...

But after all, if you want me to sum up pregnancy in one word, i would say 'Fantastic!'. Being a Mom really does change my perception on so many things and also change the priorities in my life. I just love and 'crave' for the baby kickings in my tummy. Dont know how to express them in words, but it is really awesome and mystical (the only words i can think of since i cant express them more)

Baby, Ganbatte!

No comments:

LilypieNext Birthday Ticker